Did you know that in 2016, it has been estimated that the global skin care industry will reach USD 121 billion!
And the demand from a far younger age group has fuelled this trend.
In a new research it is also found that 82 per cent of skin care and cosmetic advertising claims are false!
Real skincare comes from within. Your skin reflects your state of health.
Thus there is no need to head to the nearest cosmetic store or a beauty parlour for a quick fix, simply walk into an organic farmers market or store… and voila you have both health and beauty at your finger-tips!
Foods that takes care of your skin
- Orange-red vegetables – are full of beta-carotene which converts into Vitamin A in our bodies. The Vitamin A acts an anti-oxidant and prevents cell damage and premature ageing.
- Green leafy vegetables – provide nutrients which help produce more fresh new cells by getting rid of the old ones. They reduce dryness and keep one face look young and bright.
- Fruits – all of them share a special place in skin-care because of their phytonutrients!
- Almonds, pistachios and walnuts – are not only a good source of Omega 3, but especially almonds also have Vitamin E which helps the skin hold in moisture, making it look younger!
- Water – The simplest way to keep your skin hydrated is through water which makes it look plump and nice
- Seeds – Flax seeds are a secret to flawless skin and healthy shiny hair. Sesame seeds are skin protectors. Sunflower seeds keep the skin healthy.