A few simple healthy eatinghabits when followed daily, can change your lifestyle and help you stay fit.
Nutritionist Karishma Chawla says, “Incorporating right foods and using correct ways of cooking or preparing meals will help and allow the body to nourish well wherein the body is healthier, more energetic and less likely to develop diseases that are lifestyle related.”
She shares the following tips…
- Fruits are best eaten raw.
- Have sprouted and cooked beans.
- Veggies should be steamed and occasionally stir-fried.
- Meats, fish and poultry should be baked, grilled and occasionally sauted.
- Opt for whole grains and avoid refined flour.
- Avoid empty foods like processed foods, processed refined carbohydrates.
- Avoid sugar and limit excess salt. Use black pepper, basil, celery, parsley and oregano.
- Do not over cooking meats and veggies – they can oxidize and destroy heat-susceptible vitamins such as B group, C and E.
- Steam veggies. Boiling them leaches out the water-soluble B group and C and as well as many minerals.
- Microwaving may destroy B6 vitamins.
- Frying creates highly toxic products that destroy your body.
- Replace sugar with fruits, for example you can add fruits to cereal to sweeten it.