Maria Sharapova has been banned for two years for checking out superb to a banned substance at some point of the Australian Open in 2016.
Maria Sharapova has been banned for 2 years for doping
Sharapova examined fine for meldonium for the duration of the 2016 Australian Open
Sharapova intends to attraction the ruling and technique the CAS
Factbox on Russia’s Maria Sharapova who become banned until January 2018 on Wednesday after trying out tremendous for the banned drug meldonium at this year‘s Australian Open:
Born: April 19, 1987 in Nyagan, Russia
GRAND SLAM TITLES: five: Wimbledon (2004); U.S. Open (2006); Australian Open (2008); French Open (2012, 2014)
MAKING HER call
* Born in Siberia, moves to Black Sea coastal hotel of Sochi elderly .
* movements to Florida in 1996 to train at Nick Bollettieri’s Tennis Academy in Bradenton. Sharapova’s father Yuri, armed with just $seven hundred, actions to U.S. together with her. Her mother Yelena has to live in Russia due to visa regulations.
* Turns professional in 2001.
* Wins first tour title in Tokyo in 2003. Finishes inside pinnacle 50 for first time.
* becomes first Russian woman to win Wimbledon in 2004 elderly 17, beating holder Serena Williams 6-1 6-4 in the very last.
* In August 2005 becomes first Russian female to attain the top of the world scores.
* Wins her 2nd grand slam after defeating 2d seed Justine Henin 6-four 6-four in the 2006 U.S. Open very last.
* Beats Ana Ivanovic of Serbia 7-five 6-three in 2008 to win her 1/3 grand slam name, and first Australian Open.
* Regains number one ranking via beating Petra Kvitova within the French Open semi-finals in 2012 beforedefeating Sara Errani 6-3 6-2 inside the final to finish her collection of grand slam trophies.
* Wins a silver medal in her Olympic debut on the 2012 video games in London, dropping the very lasttowards Serena Williams 6-0 6-1.
* Wins 5th grand slam name at 2014 French Open.
* Has shoulder surgical procedure in 2008 observed by means of a 9-month damage layoff.
* Misses second half of 2013 season with a shoulder harm.
* Is the richest lady in game and, with extra than 15 million fanatics, she is the most followed lady athlete on facebook.
FAILED take a look at
*Sharapova tells a news convention in l. a. in March that she examined high-quality at this yr‘s Australian Open for meldonium, that is used to treat diabetes and low magnesium and has been banned by the worldAnti-Doping agency (WADA) on account that Jan. 1.
*She is provisionally banned with the aid of the global Tennis Federation (ITF) pending the final results of an anti-doping hearing in London in may
*ITF proclaims a two–yr ban for Sharapova backdated to Jan. 26. Sharapova says she will be able toenchantment towards the length of the ban.