Shailesh Moolya, National Creative Director, Hair, Lakmé Salon has shared few tips:
* Say no to dandruff: The reason for an itchy scalp with flaky dandruff is the low moisture in the air. Opt for a good anti dandruff spa treatment that not only takes care of the dandruff but also takes care of the hair. A good home care product that helps to combat dandruff is a must.
* Bid adieu to frizzy hair: Never rinse your hair with hot water as it develops more roughness. use luke warm water instead. Comb your hair with a brush made from plastic and boar bristles. A layer of leave-in conditioner over the hair will also help retain smoothness for a long duration.
* Styling precautions: Try not to use a hair spray with high alcohol content. This can make your hair brittle and dry. You will also have to avoid using curlers and irons on your hair especially during the winter.
* Combat hair dehydration: Exposure to the sun, harsh weather and cold winds take away the moisture from your hair and you must take precautions to prevent this. Use scarves, hats and other such accessories while going out. They will keep the moisture in your strands intact and minimize its loss.
* Turn hair static to fantastic: Taming unwanted hair fly-aways is now easier. You can use some conditioner or leave in products on your hair. The hair conditioner will add moisture to your hair and this will help cut back on static and won’t allow your hair to become brittle and dry.
* Organic care: Organic products and essential oils are good for Scalp or hair. Get a massage with essential oils and choose an organic spa for your hair. You will find that your hair will get stronger and shinier with the use of natural products.
* Wash Away: Wash your face daily with a mild face wash and apply a toner as it’s important to keep your pores closed and skin cool. Even if you’ve been home all day, it’s important to clean your skin twice daily. Cleansing and moisturizing your skin before sleeping is an absolute must.
* Befriend a makeup remover: Always and always remove your makeup before sleeping. Even though it might be a late night party, always come back and use a gentle and moisturizing make-up remover to clean off your makeup.
* Moisturizing is the key: Don’t make the mistake of skipping the moisturizing routine as it’s essential for your skin to remain hydrated. However, if you find your regular moisturizer too oily, go for a water-based one.
* Exfoliate every week: It important to exfoliate your skin as it removes dead skin and improves blood circulation to the face.