Feeling bloated? There is no denying the fact that bloating woes may not only make you feel extremely uncomfortable but can also mess with your digestive health. There can be numerous reasons triggering bloating and gastric issues ranging from eating contaminated food, stress and excessive consumption of the wrong food items that could trigger gastric issues among others. At times, when the gut bacteria are unable to break down food properly, gastric issues arise. While chronic cases may require medical intervention, in most cases, the condition gets better on its own by avoiding certain foods and loading up on gut-friendly foods to balance and enhance the gut microbiome.
Benefits of Pawanmuktasana (The Wind Relieving Pose)
– It helps make the intestinal activity more active.
– It helps the liver in performing better.
– When teamed with its counter pose Setubandhasana, it also helps strengthen the spine, especially the lumbar region.
How to get into the pose
– Lie flat on your back; keep your legs and arms extended.
– Bring your knees together and hold with both your hands.
– Release left leg and keep it extended on the floor, hold the pose for 30 seconds.
– Now, bring back your left leg, hold both legs and release your right leg.
Things to keep in mind
– Those who suffer from neck or spinal issues should avoid doing the posture.
– One of the other versions of the posture also requires you to bend your neck forward every time your knees meet the chest. You can also try the posture without alternating the legs.
All yoga postures must be observed under strict supervision. Get in touch with a certified yoga expert to learn which postures will suit you the best and how to practice them to reap maximum health benefits.